Our Approach to Social Emotional Development
Triumph is proud to be a CA Teaching Pyramid Model School. The CA teaching Pyramid is focused on promoting the social emotional development and school readiness of young children birth to age five. It is based on evidence-based practice originally developed by the Center on the Social Emotional Foundations in Early Learning (CSEFEL), authorized by California Department of Education (CDE), and aligned with California’s Early Learning and Development System. Since adopting this powerful approach in 2008, Triumph has achieved exceptional social outcomes for children and families. In 2011 Triumph was named by the Sacramento County Office of Education as a model site for supporting social development in young children.
Our entire team embraces a set of guiding principles that are the fabric of our school. Belief in and demonstration of these principles is a critical part of our hiring model for any new staff member.
- We create high quality relationships and supportive environments that prevent challenging behaviors.
- We purposefully and proactively teach social emotional skills.
- We support the adults that support children.
- We individualize our approach to meet the unique needs of children with more challenging behaviors.
- We use positive language.