Increasing Family Participation and Encouraging Ongoing Involvement
Family involvement contributes positively to the learning experience and success of our St. HOPE scholars. We understand the importance of having clear and consistent communication channels, and engaging parents and caregivers throughout their scholars’ education – not just when there is a problem. We have been working with our St. HOPE community and are excited to see various ways family participation and engagement has increased at St. HOPE Public Schools:
- High attendance at student orientation & Back-to-School Night
- Hosting Dads & Donuts – 75+ positive male figures on campus for our scholars.
- Coffee & Conversations – 40+ families learned about benchmarks and participated in structured ways to support scholars in preparing for benchmark assessments.
Oak Park Prep
- Highest ever turnout for 8th Grade Orientation.
- Several parents volunteer in the office and serve as role models and mentors for students.
9th Grade Academy at Sac High
- Strong and successful kickoff for our 9th Grade Academy, which began with a family orientation over the summer to introduce families to the team, goals, and procedures for the school year.