Sac High: Parents
What is Advisory?
Advisory is a daily 30 minute class required for all four years at Sac High. The purpose of Advisory is to:
- Build meaningful relationships between scholars and staff.
- Provide scholars with an advocate on campus.
- Prepare scholars for acceptance and enrollment in a 4 year college or university.
- Develop the mindset and skills needed to be positive, contributing citizens.
- Ensure scholars have an enjoyable high school experience.
How do I track my scholar’s progress?
Parents will receive an access code and setup instructions for Illuminate, an online parent portal that will allow you to track your scholar’s most current grades and attendance records. This information is distributed to scholars for take home during Advisory within the first week of school.
How do I excuse my scholar’s absence?
Please inform the Attendance Office of any absence or early dismissal by calling (916) 649-7733 or by sending a signed note with your scholar including the following information:
- Name of scholar
- Date of scholar’s return
- The date(s) of the absences you are excusing
- The reason for the absence
- A call back number that you can be reached at for any questions regarding the note
- Your parent signature
What’s a quick look up?
A quick look up is weekly printed progress report that scholars are required to show their parents each Wednesday provided by Advisory teachers.